5 Reasons I'm Obsessed With Grapefruit Lately
I used to LOVE grapefruit but for some reason I eventually just stopped eating it. Well, I saw it in the grocery store the other day and decided to grab a couple. (Does anyone else feel like grapefruit is hidden?? Like I forget it exists bc you really have to look for it in the produce section!)
Fast forward to a few days ago I felt a cold coming on… I know grapefruit is a good source of Vitamin C so I literally just sat down and ate an entire grapefruit. First of all, it tasted really good and second of all, I felt DANG HEALTHY afterwards.
So, I decided to do some research to try to understand how beneficial grapefruit really is and folks, the results are GOOD. I’ve been eating half a grapefruit everyday since and I honestly feel like it’s making such a difference to how I feel in several different ways.
Here’s 5 science-based reasons why I’m newly obsessed with grapefruit:
1. They have more than 15 beneficial vitamins and minerals. Grapefruits are very Vitamin A and C rich which is great for hair, skin and immune health.
2. Grapefruits are really hydrating! Water makes up most of this fruit’s weight so when you eat a grapefruit you are also contributing to your daily intake of water. (Drinking lots of water throughout the day is v important for many reasons!)
3. They’ll keep you full longer. Grapefruit has water soluble fiber which will help keep you feeling fuller, longer throughout the day.
4. Pink grapefruits have lots of beta carotene that help keep your eyes healthy and improve vision. I stare at a screen all day for my job and I’m also near-sighted. So, I find myself switching between wearing glasses, not wearing glasses, staring at my phone, etc. All of these things cause eye strain and can be really bad for my vision in the long run. I will eat ALL of the grapefruits if it means less headaches from eye strain at the end of the day.
5. Grapefruit aids in weight loss! They help block the absorption of carbs in the body, increase metabolism and contain enzymes that will help cut down fat.
Let's be friends! Connect with me on Instagram.