10 EASY Ways To Have The Coziest Home For The Holidays
It’s so crazy that it’s already almost Christmas. This is for sure my favorite time of the year, I love decking out our house for the holidays. It makes our home feel so cozy and it doesn’t have to be expensive or annoying to do.
Of course you might have plenty of Christmas decoration boxes already ready to go in the garage (same) but there’s also a few affordable and quick things that I like to pick up each year to cozy up the place.
1. Holiday scented kitchen and bathroom soaps - Maybe this sounds small, but it really does make a difference. I love Mrs. Meyer’s and Method soaps, I use these year-round, and they always have the best holiday scents. I typically go with a Christmas tree scent since our tree is fake so I’ll take all the Christmas tree smell I can get.
2. Holiday scented wall plug-ins/air fresheners - This is pretty similar to the soap idea, switch out your air fresheners and scented wall plug-ins for holiday ones. Again, I do Christmas tree scents ;)
3. ScentSicles (if you have a fake tree) - HAHA I promise this is the last time I’m going to talk about Christmas tree scents in this blog. If you don’t know what ScentSicles are, they are little scented ornaments that smell like Christmas trees. You hang them in your fake tree, to get that “real tree” smell. So worth it. Between these, our plug ins and soap, our house smells SO GOOD AND CHRISTMASSY.
4. New ornaments - I think it’s so special to buy a few new ornaments every year. Target has the cutest ones and most of them are only $3. Every year Mihran and I will pick out a few new ones and then it’s fun when we unpack them from the ornament box the next year and get to remember picking them out together. We got these llamas this year lolll.
5. Trader Joe’s plants - My go-to’s are the real baby Christmas trees, fresh garlands, and eucalyptus. I grew up getting a real tree every year (but now we have a fake one) so these are all an easy way to liven up your home for Christmas. Their garlands are giant, only $7.99 and look so pretty. Their real baby Christmas trees are also a necessity. It’s the perfect centerpiece for our coffee table, I just put it in a pot that I had from Anthropologie and BAM it looked so cute. Lastly, make sure you grab some eucalyptus. It’s only $2.99 and they are the easiest to throw in a vase in the kitchen. All of this greenery definitely gives me all the Christmas vibes. Just don’t forget to spray the garland and water the baby tree every so often ;)
6. Throw pillows - Specifically, these ornament pillows which are my new favorite. I just found these this year and I’m obsessed. They look cute pretty much everywhere. They were the perfect fit for our fireplace but they could honestly go wherever you want them to.
7. Throw blankets - Maybe you already have throw blankets out year round, but if you don’t…. Bring em out! They instantly make the space cozy and also who doesn’t like using blankets?? We have a bunch of these in white around the house and they work for every season.
8. Fire logs in a basket - This is obviously only if you have a fireplace, but I think putting the fire logs out in the open in a little basket looks so cozy. This is the basket we use.
9. Front door wreath - I love these because they’re such an easy way to decorate the outside of your home. We have been buying a new one every year, but the one we got this year might be sticking around for a long time because I’m obsessed. It’s from Target’s new line Opalhouse (dupe Anthropologie in my opinion) and it’s so cute.
10. Christmas candy - Last but not least, put some Christmas treats out on the counter! Whether it’s a bowl full of peppermint bark or some cookies from Trader Joe’s, they will definitely warm up your space and make it feel way more inviting. We use these in white for candy on the counter/coffee table, but you could also be like the Kardashians and put your candy in these big glass jars ;)
I hope some of these ideas inspired you to cozy up your space this year! Merry Christmas everyoneeee!